FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Sharon Smith
410-848-4124 ext. 146
The Arc Announces Community Awards Winners
(Westminster, MD) April 22, 2015 — The Arc Carroll County congratulates the winners of this year’s Annual Dinner and Community Awards.
The 2015 Annual Dinner and Community Awards event will be held on May 12, 2015 at The Portico at St. John.
The Arc Community Awards recognize the achievements and contributions of Carroll County residents who make significant contributions to the intellectual and developmental disabilities community. The awards also celebrate the achievements of those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Lynn Davis, The Arc’s Board President, selected Greg Kahlert and The Kahlert Foundation as this year’s President’s Award recipient.
“I am delighted with this year’s honorees,” said Don Rowe, The Arc Carroll County’s executive director. “Their contributions and accomplishments brings The Arc’s mission, vision and values to life. Congratulations to each winner and thank for your dedication to The Arc.”
Awards and winners include:
- WAMM Special Appreciation Award –Martha Metcalf, Westminster, Md.
- Public Service Award –Delegate Susan Krebs and Senator Justin Ready, Annapolis, Md.
- Volunteer of the Year – Douglas C. Myers, Mt. Airy, Md.
- Employer of the Year – Simple Cell, Eldersburg, Md.
- Spirit of Independence Award – Mike Hughes, Westminster, Md.
- Spirit of Independence Award – Kathy Hughes, Hampstead, Md.
- President’s Award –Greg Kahlert, The Kahlert Foundation, Sykesville, Md.
- Special Education Professional of the Year – Sue Elseth, Piney Ridge Elementary, Sykesville, Md.
- Timothy J. Atkinson Award for Advocacy –Danielle Ogle, Westminster, Md.
The Arc Carroll County is one of about 700 chapters nationwide. The Arc Carroll County supports nearly 700 people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through vocational, residential, educational and transportation programs and services. The organization is also accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in 12 program areas, which assures quality of services. For more information on The Arc Carroll County visit www.arccarroll.com or call 410-848-4124.